The kidneys are one of the most vital organs of the body. They filter about 150 quarts of blood each day. Any situation or condition that affects the proper functioning of the kidney can be included in the category of kidney diseases. Such malfunctioning of kidneys can lead to the malfunctioning of various other organs in the body too. Hence, it is extremely important to keep an eye out for signs of various kidney disorders. How to reverse kidney disease is without a doubt significant to those who are already suffering .
This Week’s Featured Video:
Some of the most common kidney disorders are as follows:
- Glomerulonephritis- A disorder in which the small filtering units are majorly affected, and kidneys are not able to filter blood quite well.
- Polycystic kidney disease: This condition causes formation large cysts in the kidneys. This, in turn, affects the neighboring tissue and destroys them.
- Chronic Kidney Disorder- The most dreaded form of kidney malfunction, this leads into permanent kidney failure.
What causes Kidney disease?
There are many causes which can lead to the malfunctioning of one or more kidneys. Most of these reasons zero down to eating and lifestyle habits. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
- A high level of toxicity from alcohol, drugs or heavy metals is enough to make the kidney lose its ability to function well.
- A case of inflammation in the blood vessels or in and around the kidney tissues also affects kidneys and their functions greatly.
- An infection or a blood clot arising from some other reason may also become the cause for a kidney disorder.
- Various autoimmune diseases may also play a major role in the malfunctioning of kidneys.
What are their signs and symptoms?
The overall general symptoms of any kind of kidney disorder include:
- Loss of appetite
- Sudden weight loss
- Water-electrolyte imbalances
- Long bouts of feeling faint, dizzy and weak
- Swelling in the hands and feet, and a swollen and puffy face
- Frequent thirst and frequent urination
How can they be prevented?
Disorders of the kidney can be prevented by undertaking a few measures. Some of them are as given below:
- Decrease your intake of alcohol or drugs, if at all. Better is to avoid them completely
- Drink plenty of water on a daily basis, and keep salty, oily and spicy foods to a minimum.
- Give up on smoking, and monitor your body weight.
- Exercise everyday regularly and keep your physical fitness in check
- Get a complete body check-up done every 6 months in order to be sure of your health condition
How to Reverse Kidney Disease?
Kidney disorders can well be cured using the proper means and measures. There are plenty of ways by which one can achieve a healthy functioning kidney just like the one he/she had before. The treatments usually are symptomatic. Instead of addressing the core of the issue, these treatments are just directed towards the signs and symptoms of the kidney malfunctioning.
Reversing kidney disease is not an easy and simple task. It takes years of patience and tremendous effort in order to get back on track what your kidney has lost. Also, it is easier to reverse kidney damage if it is detected in the earlier stage. You can opt for the following methods to gain reversed kidney diseases:
- Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables and get on a vegetarian diet
- Avoid foods like potatoes, meat and beans to a great extent
- Have low potassium foods like cucumber and carrots, instead of high potassium ones like potatoes
- Fruits like raspberry and blueberry can be consumed
- For a person with kidney disorder, eating high amount of protein may not prove to be good. Instead, keep your protein intake to the bare minimum to just suffice your bodily needs.
- Avoid meat and meat products as much as you can in order to protect your kidney from protein overload.
- Maintain safe distance from fried, oily and processed foods. They will do nothing but worsen the condition of your kidney further.
- Alcohol and drugs should be a strict and unnegotiable no-no.
- Decrease your water intake. Use smaller glasses and take smaller sips to ensure that excess amount pf water is not consumed.
- Also, reduce your sodas and citrus fruit juices intake, and keep it simple.
The health of the kidneys is directly related to the overall health of the body. Hence, before such an unfortunate condition arises, one should very carefully be in charge of your own body, and see to it that no such organ failure takes place. A healthy diet and plenty of physical exercise will ward off any disease that comes near you.