Diabetes is an illness that so many people suffer from around the world. Even if you are taking medication for diabetes, there are still steps that YOU can do to get rid of it. If you have been wondering how to reverse diabetes naturally, here are 10 fool-proof tips that are guaranteed to help.
How to Reverse Diabetes Naturally
1. Avoid all sweet drinks especially soda and fruit juice. These beverages have so much sugar and will cause massive spikes in your blood sugar levels. Completely stick to drinking water, this will be really beneficial to your diabetes and your health in a number of other ways.
2. You should be eating some kind of protein and healthy fat for every main meal in your day. These are really good for fighting diabetes due to stabilizing blood sugar levels while still leaving you feeling satisfied. Some of what you should be eating includes lean meat, leafy greens, nuts, seeds, legumes and fish. Meals with these components will also reduce your likelihood of craving dessert after your meal, which is going to be beneficial.
3. Refined carbohydrates are very bad for those with diabetes, due to the amount of sugar and the rate in which the sugar is released. This means that you should completely ban pasta, bread and rice from your diet. Even carbs that are supposedly healthy are not good for people with diabetes.
4. One of the main ways that you can reverse diabetes is to cut all refined sugars from your diet. Sugar has literally no nutritional value and it raises blood sugar levels quickly. For this reason, you should avoid processed food, candy and much more. Be sure to read the ingredients on products because sometimes, even food that claims to be healthy, contains heaps of sugar.
5. Many people have diabetes for the pure reason that they are overweight. For this reason, you should do all you can to become slimmer. Many of the tips that have been mentioned so far are going to help you lose weight but if there is anything else you can do, then you should do it. You might feel like the fact you have diabetes anyway means it’s too late to lose weight but this isn’t true. Not only will dropping those pounds positively impact the condition, you will also look and feel healthier in general.
6. Exercise is known to help get rid of diabetes. You do not have to become super active, even a short 20 minute workout a day is going to make a difference to your life. There are actually many short but effective workout routines on YouTube for all different fitness levels.
7. Consider giving intermittent fasting a try, as this is known to be effective for reducing insulin in the body. Intermittent fasting is really easy once you get the hang of it. It basically involves having an eating window of 4-8 hours a day and the rest of the time, you fast.
8. Cortisol is raised in the body when stress occurs so try and get rid of your stress to reverse your diabetes. Whatever the reason for your stress, try things like meditation or even speaking to a counselor to help get rid of it. Diabetes and stress go hand in hand, so when one goes, the other should follow shortly after.
9. Natural supplements can help get rid of diabetes are are well worth fitting into your life. The top vitamins to take that can be purchased in all health food stores include omega 3 fatty acids, fish oil, magnesium and chromium.
10. Make sure you are getting as much sleep as possible if you want to know how to reverse diabetes naturally. As the amount of sleep that you are getting decreases, the glucose in your blood increases which is obviously not good for the illness. Managing your stress should help you sleep and by eating the right foods, all of which are positive changes for reversing diabetes.
I hope this has answered the question how to reverse diabetes naturally. The steps are really easy to do and you will notice big results before very long at all. The condition is really horrible to live with on a daily basis, so you should be doing all you can to help yourself eliminate it.